Friday, March 12, 2010

Water water everywhere...

So I come outside today, and what do I find? I find that Tahoes stall is flooded with water. Like, maybe oh, 4" of water? I am NOT kidding. See pic at right.  This is because his waterer got off balance- so it suffered the worst of waterer issues- the weight fell on the wrong side and never turned off. I knew the moment that I walked in to the barn and Tahoe was trying to find a dry spot to stand on....none to be found. He hightailed it outta that stall right way!

So, for today, I spent an hour throwing out bedding that was really fine- until it became saturated with water. Like, oh, 50$ worth of bedding. How annoying! But, now, I see the light. Because now I know that I will have a TOTALLY clean stall! TOTALLY clean! New bedding, corners  clean, everything clean.

Now, that is good.

I always want to see the bright side- always. And I must say, that this is the only bright side of this mornings efforts. ;-)

Beautiful day here--if you like mud!

I emailed about my saddles. I want to ride badly- and the horses need it too. So, hopefully that can happen soon. I am planning on working this weekend for a few hours.  Then, 7 more shifts. After that, for the month of April and beginning of May? Horses horses horses.

Sigh.

No comments: