Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Not a good week for Reason

Okay, so things are not totally bad- but I am at my wits end and feeling pretty stressed about everything involving Reason. I have this horrible feeling that this may be the thing that does us in. He has a seroma over the surgical site. It is in my mind VERY large (Dr Schott got 100 cc's out on Sunday) and it appears to be getting bigger. I know that it being MRSA he should be at home, and I know that I should be able to take care of him. But I don't think I can. It's an amazing sense of failure.
CK said to me last night "in my professional opinoin, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be" and I am furious. After all I have done and listened to her over the past few years, that seemed like a callous and not-nice thing to say. Both as a friend and as a vet. For the mistakes she has made with our horses (Big's hock, Taco's leg for starters) and I have never once called her on the carpet for that, it seems as if she should have been nicer. I do not "blow' things up, at least I hope not, and I am seriously worried about this. In addition, he is very tough to handle right now. If I am stressed, then, guess what, i am stressed. I guess my take home lesson is this: Call the emergency vet on call, and not call her for things like this. That would solve things. So, take that lesson and figure out where to go from here. Get over being mad, learn and live.

So, now what to do? How do I figure out where to go with this and Reason? Who do I go to for my care of him? Who is his main vet now? what do I do? Argh.

I think I will email Schott with this, and go from there.

No comments: