Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ah....Reason

Reason is still at MSU, and the seroma is as big as before. Dr. Schott got 250 cc's off yesterday, and it filled back up for this AM change.
The Boa wrap came in, and it looks good. I am pleased at how it fits, however, we must watch for rubs and pressure points. Today he developed a transient fever, which is worrysome to ME but seems to not worry them too much. I think he looked dull, but overall, he is still kicking- well, not literally, thankfully. I am going to assume he will be there for the better part of a week, which is actually fine- I hope it's not longer then that, but we must get these things delt with so I can deal with them at home. The Boa wrap will make things possible for me to do this.

Despite this, I think that we are in for an even longer road. As the road has alreay been long.
It does make me think about what a horseman is. This is part of it, it's the being able to handle the fork in the road, the change in footing, so to speak. Is this bad? I don't think so, it can be frustrating, it can be annoying, it can be expensive (!) but there are rewards. I know my relationship with Taco is in great part because I have spent so much ground time with him. I can feel this happening with reason. I hope- very much- he makes it. He is lovely and has been more then tolerant. I miss the other horses, but I know they will be there and ready for me.

No comments: