Saturday, September 18, 2010

I am going to post on the other blog, as my life

is really about being in school. But, again, I am totally aware that horses are it for me. I adore them. I love being with them. I love smelling them.

Everything about them? I love.  I sit in my wee office, trying to write and read, and I can look out and see them. I watch them eat and know what they are doing at all times, their activities, and the hierarchy of the herd. But the best thing about these boys is this: they get along. Really really well. They are good to each other (as much as horses can be) and they also love me. This may sound silly, but the nicker that Reason gives my car when I pull in the drive will often bring tears to my eyes. Both Tahoe and Wrainthur put their heads into my arms when I need it most, allowing me to cuddle them in a way a horse should not. I

I just...well, I adore them. I don't want fancy rings, or necklaces, or fancy cars. I want my boys to be happy, to look and feel outstanding and to always feel safe. That is what makes life ok for them- to feel safe.

I am so glad they are in my life....

No comments: