Sunday, May 15, 2011

Combined three into one.

So, I combined my blogs. No reason other than I already feel splintered, and having three blogs somehow made that feel even worse, and stymied any attempts to continue to chronicle things in my life.

Because what I know now, more than before, is that the things I value all meld together in some sort of pattern that is me. Sometimes, it feels disparate but overall, what is true is that all of the things that I value are all of the things I care to write about. So, hopefully they combined and it works. I'll try and tag correctly if I ever decide to go back and read something.

So a few things- First. I value and believe in HIPAA.  So, if there is something that refers to a patient, I have TOLD and ASKED that patient if it's okay that I write about them. And yes, even a few pictures! They knew obviously. Probably from this point on, there won't be patient picturess, as I am no longer a tech, but something between knowing nothing, and knowing something. (I assure you that I am more on the Nothing end of the continuum still, and am becoming more and more aware as the days pass that I had best put something between my ears that might indicate I know something.) If I ever DO have pictures, well, then, I have asked at least once and probably more than once, called my psychiatrist, discussed with friends, co-workers (who won't give a damn) and called my lawyer. So, if anyone ever reads this and things- OMG! She's crossed the line- remember the above, and add a bit of knowledge that I live in a world of guilt and if I ever did anything like "that" (dadada da...) I'd off myself.

Then, have to add that these are MY thoughts, my feelings, my everything, inc. misspellings, and errors of all sorts. So, forgive me. I am sure I will cringe and squirm when I read them, but perfection is not the goal, but the aim.

Then, I am going to link to a few really REALLY good blogs. Okay, these are mostly medical. But if I link it's probably worth the click. Because there are a few out there that A) know their shit, and B) do a good job, be it ernest or humorous. And are really good storytellers and sharers of knowledge. So, click and I promise to not lead anyone astray.

And finally, I am not anti- health care reform. I DO believe we waste resources. I DO think we need to get some control. I DON'T think Medicaid works well. I DID vote for Obama, and will again. I DO know we don't have the right formula. But I think we are getting there. I realize this is quite unpopular. But, so be it. You can quit now. I believe that we have to choose for ourselves how to die, and therefore, how to live. You choose to smoke, over eat, sit too much? Well, uh, I don't know what to say. I'll take care of you, but you will hear about it. Because that is my belief. We need to take care of us.

And while we all make mistakes, it's what we do when we veer from our path that is what we really are. I believe this. So- I try very hard to not judge what someone has done when they make a mistake, but rather how they are dealing with it.

I am pro-choice because I am pro-life. A wanted life is a good life.

So, there you are. Disclaimers now that it's an all in one.

No comments: